|Cameo DataHub Plugin 18.4
DataHub is a MagicDraw® plugin which provides a complete solution for
DataHub can connect to and work with IBM Rational® DOORS®, IBM Rational® DOORS® Next
Generation, and HP Application Lifecycle Management tools.
The DataHub plugin enables you to copy and synchronize requirements, link
them to one another, as well as link MagicDraw’s model elements such as SysML
Requirements or Use Cases. It allows you to create DHLink, and DHTrace links
between requirements and SysML use cases and test cases and makes it possible to
maintain these links or relations, and update them using bidirectional or
unidirectional synchronization capabilities, thereby validating a requirement.
Additionally, you could also transfer requirements to and from CSV file
Cameo DataHub uses OSLC (Open Services for Lifecycle
Collaboration) specifications for data integration and tools collaboration.
OSLC is an open community developing a set of specifications for
integrating tools. OSLC enables independent software and product lifecycle tools
to interact and integrate their requirements via links between related
resources. OSLC queries are supported only by IBM Rational DOORS Next
Generation, while OSLC links are supported by IBM Rational DOORS Next Generation
as well as HP Application Lifecycle Management (only Requirement and Defect
DataHub supports almost all types of MagicDraw® model elements and
DataHub Plugin works with the following requirements management systems:
- MagicDraw (MagicDraw® with SysML, and UPDM Plugin 18.4)
- IBM® Rational® DOORS® (8.0, 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.4,
9.5, and 9.6)
- IBM® Rational® DOORS® Next Generation 4.x, 5.x, and 6.x
- HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) 12.x
- CSV files
You may find user's guides stored in <MagicDraw home>/manuals directory.
Online Documentation is available at
Cameo DataHub plugin 18.4 is compatible with MagicDraw 18.4:
- Enterprise edition
- Architect edition
- Professional edition
- Standard edition
All Platforms Instructions
- From the Help main menu in the MagicDraw application, click
Resource/Plugin Manager. Check for available updates and new resources.
(Note: Specify HTTP Proxy Settings for connection to start MagicDraw updates and resources).
- Select the checkbox beside
Cameo DataHub and click
Download / Install.
- Restart MagicDraw application.
If you have already downloaded Cameo_DataHub_Plugin_<version number>.zip:
- From the Help main menu in MagicDraw application, click
- Click the Import button to specify
Cameo DataHub file location. Plugin will be extracted and installed automatically.
- Restart MagicDraw application.
To deploy DataHub plugin for Rational DOORS:
- From the Tools main menu in the MagicDraw application, click
Driver Deployment. The Deployment dialog will appear.
- Select DOORS version from the drop down list.
- Click Add button, then locate to the Rational DOORS folder.
Where to find more
information or support?
To download the demo of this version and to get contact information or purchase details, please go to: http://www.nomagic.com/
No Magic Training and Information Portal, please go to: http://training.nomagic.com/
Discuss and get answers about
No Magic products in No
Magic Community Forum.
With respect to the growing interest in No Magic products, we have
expanded the capabilities that had been provided by our newsgroups and
have moved the content to the online Forum. You are welcome to post
your comments and questions here.
Note: If you are interested in old discussions from the
newsgroups, you can find them in the Forum as well as in the newsgroups
in a read-only mode.
and new issue registration
- Knowledge base and new
issues registration - http://www.nomagic.com/support.html
- Issues, suggestions, and
requests about new features can be
directly from MagicDraw application - Help > Report an
questions regarding academic and site discounts, delivery, customer
profile, invoices and related issues.
email for other contacts.
We are awaiting your comments
and suggestions. More than a half of
the features of the current version added because our demo version
users have requested them. Do not miss the chance to see your desired
features in the future versions!
Your bug reports are welcome at email@example.com. These reports allow us
to fix bugs as soon as possible and release the known-bug-free maintenance
releases. While sending the bug report, please include (if applicable):
MagicDraw and Cameo DataHub version number.
Your OS name and version.
JDK version and JVM vendor.
For information about your JVM and OS, see Info tab in About dialog from
MagicDraw Help menu. If you have a file that the MagicDraw is not able to
load and it is not a confidential one, please, attach it as well. This would
help us to analyse the problem.
Bugs can be submitted directly from MagicDraw application - Help->Submit a Bug.
No Magic Customer Support System
Please visit https://support.nomagic.com for NoMagic Customer Support System (Jira)
Frequently Asked Questions
Please visit our website for FAQ at
- Removing the 'Used project'
- DataHub may not work properly when remove
the 'used project' that contains profiles. To
avoid the problem, restart MagicDraw after
removing the 'used project' before continue the
work with DataHub.
- Synchronization will not recreate an element, if
the root node from which it is to be synchronized from is removed. [DH-10149]
- DataHub cannot work with an element without "read"
permission. So the synchronization will be deleted as well. [DH-5004]
- DataHub cannot detect 3rd party tools, if it is run by
a different user account than MagicDraw. [DH-10037]
- DataHub does not support MagicDraw relationships with
applied stereotype. [DH-10226]
- To support special characters or accented letters:
- Edit the file <MagicDraw>/bin/magicdraw.properties
- Append "-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8" for JAVA_ARGS
- Text formatting is incompatible
- From DOORS Next Generation and HP ALM, MagicDraw will ignore hyperlink, line break, superscript, subscript, and strike-through
- From MagicDraw, DataHub cannot synchronize to DOORS Next Generation if data contains image, alignment, line break, and strike-through
- From DOORS 9.x, MagicDraw will convert all text formatting to plain text
- Rational DOORS Next Generation-related:
- DataHub cannot track DOORS NG links, if Source nodes were imported
followed by Target nodes.
However, the synchronization process will be able to discover these
- Unable to show a Review Node in the explorer
- Unable to delete an uploaded Artifact
- Unable to move a node across folders
- Unable to rename a folder [DH-9579].
- Unable to delete any link (DOORS Next Generation 4.x) [DH-9672].
- Unable to edit custom link (DOORS Next Generation 4.x) [DH-9671].
- Synchronize cannot identify read-only or locked nodes, so synchronization will complete without errors, but data will not be updated. [DH-9582, DH-9440].
- HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) related:
- HP ALM does not have "in-coming" links for Defect
elements. In HP, regardless of how you create the link,
Defect nodes can only link to other elements as an
"out-going" link. So, if you create an "in-coming" link for
a Defect element (in MD) and sync it back into HP, it will
- In HP ALM, a Requirement Trace can only link two
requirement nodes. If a Trace is created between a
requirement and a non-requirement element (such as Defect,
or Test) in MagicDraw, it will be ignored by DataHub
- HP ALM does not have a folder in the
Defect section. So, if you synchronize a Package from
MagicDraw, it will not be created into HP ALM. Though the
Defect under those package will be arranged into a proper
location in HP ALM, but the link will be lost. (Condition
when Defect paging size is set)
If MagicDraw client has no expiration date, plugin evaluation version
will be working for 7 days period after first installation.
If MagicDraw client has an expiration date, plugin evaluation version
will be working until MagicDraw client version is expired.
Remember that plugin
evaluation version depends on MagicDraw version. If you have MagicDraw
demo version then you are allowed to save only a limited number of
Contact your sales executive individually for the fully functional
Synchronization problems occur after exporting a package to create a module.
If you want to export part of a model as a module in DataHub, you
need to restart your project to avoid the problems.
Problems with committing a project when it uses read-only modules.
When using a shared module in the project, you can select whether you want to
use it as read-only or read-write-enable. You need the read-write permission to commit your work into the Teamwork
Server or else you will lose the committed work.